These are the latest ESO patch notes from the private test server. There’s a couple of big changes which are worth mentioning.
The Khajiit racial passive skill Carnage was changed. The old version increased Crit Multiplier by 15% for weapon abilities and increased melee critical chance by 3%. The new version of Carnage no longer increases Crit Multiplier, but now increases melee critical chance by twice as much: 6%.
Anyone who took part in last weekend’s beta test will be pleased to know that Zenimax have found the cause of broken quest issues and are working to fix it.
The Elder Scrolls Online v0.182 features many fixes and improvements to existing content, and will be one of the last significant patches until launch. Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this test: Preparations and updates in Cyrodiil for Early Access and launch. Many fixes and improvements to quests, animations, and gameplay. Tweaked many issues relating to UI.
Please note that we found the underlying cause of the broken quest issues that showed up in last weekend’s beta test, and we’re currently working to fix them. To aid players who want to visit the former starter islands, we’ve made changes that more explicitly direct you to them, and the tutorial is getting a few final tweaks as well. These changes aren’t in today’s patch, but they’ll be on the PTS early next week.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
In preparation for Early Access, we have changed the campaign reassignment and guest campaign assignment cooldown to 12 hours. In addition, we have also changed the cost to reassign your campaign any time from 100,000 AP to 15,000 AP. This change was done to help you find your campaign of choice, and play with your friends in our first month with ease and lesser burden on their Alliance point gains.
- You will no longer be able to enter the alliance entry gates with an Elder Scroll. Those who attempt to will find themselves teleported to an accessible position a short distance away from the gate. Those without a scroll who manage to get into an enemy alliance entry gate will continue to be teleported back to their own alliance’s entry gate.
- Bloodmayne Farm will now properly upgrade over time.
- Disbanding a guild while owning a keep will now properly relinquish ownership of that claim.
- Mages Guild books have been removed from keeps, and have been placed in other locations within Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the game to crash while in Cyrodiil.
Art & Animations
- Fixed an issue where characters would play their death animation while on their horse.
- Fixed various issues with horse and player animations in relation to transitioning from one animation to another while running and jumping.
- Fixed animation clipping issues with Argonian and Khajiit tails in positions with your hands behind your back.
- Fixed an issue where bard NPC hands clipped through the lute.
- Fixed an Ice Wraith monster ability that caused an icicle to appear in the wrong orientation.
- Many crafted and dropped gear colors were updated to better match their main ingredient type and rarity quality designation.
- Fixed an issue with the Wisp so it can now be properly targeted.
- Fixed an issue where audio would occasionally drop out the longer you played.
- Improved the audio for a number of monsters and abilities.
- Added a new sound when monsters appear from Dark Fissures.
- A number of text VO mismatches have been corrected.
- Improved audio for when you become Emperor!
Combat & Gameplay
- Fixed an issue when leveling through a quest and getting a skill point could incorrectly calculate the number of points actually gained.
- Fixed an issue where items granted by skipping the tutorial would be enchanted.
- In order to address some XP grinding exploits, we have reduced the XP received from kills in certain areas of the game:
- Significantly reduced the XP from monster kills in Public Dungeons.
- Slightly reduced the XP from monster kills in Explorable Caves.
- Your weapons will now be hidden while eating or drinking.
- Increased the veteran points gained from completing over world content; instanced dungeons and Cyrodiil are unaffected by this change.
- Reduced the base magicka and stamina recovery gained as you increase your veteran rank.
- Fixed an issue where spending points in the medium armor passive Athletics was removing the effect of the Wind Walker passive.
- Reduced Replenishing Barrier’s restoration when a shield expires.
- Fixed an issue where the Emperor was receiving full value of his or her passive bonuses outside of Cyrodiil.
- Reduced the ultimate gain bonus for the passive ability Authority while you are Emperor.
- Fixed several issues where Scroll bonuses weren’t properly applying to battle leveled characters.
- Fixed an issue that would allow others to see a floating map or backpack at a stealthed enemy’s location while they were looking at their inventory or UI.
- Fixed an issue where grouped players could gain the benefits of multiple siege shields.
- Fixed an issue where the FX for Trap Beast weren’t appearing properly.
- Fixed a few issues with the Kynne’s Flight set bonus where it was returning stamina on all bow attacks instead of on 33% of attacks (as was stated in the tooltip).
- Fixed an issue where Precise Trait was not properly applying to battle leveled characters.
- Properly set the cooldown of the Juggernaut set bonus to 90 seconds instead of 1 second.
- Fixed an issue with Assassin’s Blade where the ability was not properly dealing bonus damage against targets with low health.
- Fixed an issue with Dark Shade where one of the two shades wouldn’t disappear when the ability was re-cast.
- Fixed an issue where the damage bonus from Agony could stack when the ability was repeatedly cast.
- Fixed an issue where the damage bonus from Empowered Ward was stacking when repeatedly cast.
- Set a maximum amount of ultimate gained per cast on several AoE heal abilities, including:
- Healing Ritual
- Cleansing Ritual
- Grand Healing
- Blessing of Protection
- Force Siphon
- Fixed an issue where some ultimate abilities were improperly generating the ultimate resource. Most notably, this affected:
- Dragonknight standard ability and its morphs
- Veil of Blades
- Blood Rage effect can now only apply once every 3 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where you could occasionally get stuck or could not attack after using the Pounce ability.
- Removed the critical damage bonus from the Khajiit passive Carnage, and doubled its critical strike chance bonus.
Crafting and Economy
- Fixed an issue where you would receive empty hireling mails.
- Fixed many issues where dungeon bosses could be interrupted when they should not have been.
- Fixed an issue where you were able to enter an unpopulated version of Vaults of Madness.
- Modified the loot that would drop from monsters in Wayrest Sewers.
- Fixed some mismatched VO for the Undaunted.
- Fixed an issue where you could accidentally reset the fight in Fungal Grotto.
- Fixed an issue where High Kinlord Rilis could not be targeted if engaged during his intro in Banished Cells.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to exit the Daedric Realm via the portal provided in Elden Hollow.
- Fixed an issue where the on-screen effects from Praxin’s Dream could get stuck on players in Spindleclutch.
- Enabled the boss bar UI for Praxin and Vorenor Winterbourne in Spindleclutch.
- Edited Veteran Dungeon quest organization in your journal.
- Fixed an issue where you could block the intro sequence for Snagg gro-Mashul in Blessed Crucible.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would not close until you moved your mouse when you quit the game.
- Fixed an issue where your screen would go blank (white) while attempting to switch between the game window and other windows using command + tab.
- Fixed an issue causing an “x” to appear next to every keybind character in the tutorial UI.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the client to hang for 5-13 seconds. If you continue to experience this, please report it on the forums.
- Fixed an issue where you would appear standing up on your horse while reading the map.
- Fixed an issue with NPCs loading in beneath fixtures or the world.
- Fixed an issue when you would create a new character and would be forced to enter a different name, and you would still enter the tutorial even after requesting to skip it.
- Fixed an issue with the quest Long Lost Lore in the Mages Guild.
- All achievements in Alik’r should be obtainable and are now correctly labeled.
- The Veil Falls: Fixed an issue where any group that engaged the bosses Ondicantar, Endartirinque, and Nenaronald would be kicked out to the instance door with most of the quest progress reset.
- Soul Shriven in Coldharbour: The Prophet should no longer appear in inaccessible locations.
- Treasure hunters will no longer be frustrated by the far too cleverly hidden treasure chest in Southern Bangkorai. The chest has been dug up and reburied in a new location, and the map has been updated to match.
- Breaking the Tide: You should no longer need to relog in order to exit the ship in this quest.
- Escape from Bleakrock: Fixed an issue if you were sprinting during the “Wait for Refugees” quest step, which would cause the refugees to never show up.
- Into the Woods: Fixed an issue where the quest would not progress to next step if you got killed, and then respawned at the ambush point near the second sword.
- Search and Rescue: Fixed an issue where you could not enter Deepcrag Den on the quest step “Find Boril Drelas.”
- The Trail of the Ghost Snake: Fixed an issue if you were in a group and one group member killed the Shadow Snake, they would move on to the next step while you would remain stuck with no Shadow Snake to interact with.
- Strange Allies: Fixed an issue where Aspera Giant-Friend would not appear if you completed “The Siege of Cradlecrush” first.
- Gates of Fire: Fixed an issue where you could get stuck when following a group member through a door on quest step “Find Razum-dar.”
- A Traitor’s Luck: Fixed an issue where you could become blocked if you leave the conversation with Cariel after quest has advanced to step “Follow Cariel.”
- Group Boss: All monsters surrounding Stroda gra-Drom’s area should now be more of a fair fight.
- Children of Yokuda: The poison barrels in the quest can now only be interacted with one time per barrel. In addition, all three barrels should now be visible.
- Scales of Retribution: Fixed an issue where Pale-Heart would not appear at the rendezvous point, which would block progression.
- Giving for the Greater Good: Fixed an issue that would require you to relog in order to see Reesa on quest step “Deliever Kwama Cap to Reesa.”
- There is now a confirmation dialogue when attempting to convert the style of an item to the Imperial style.
- Updated Active Combat Text to better indicate that to Interrupt an enemy, you must first press the Right Mouse Button then Left Mouse Button, in that order.
- Fixed an issue where you could become stuck while talking to an NPC if a nearby player harvested a crafting node or used a siege engine.
- This should also fix the issue where you occasionally could not bring up the Escape menu.
- Fixed an issue where pressing F1 Help and selecting Customer Support would not load the Help Portal.
- Fixed an issue where the same tutorial could occasionally be triggered multiple times in a row.
- The skyshard achievements should now show the correct icons.
- The Battering Ram UI in Cyrodiil has been updated.
- Fixed an issue when reaching the mercenary deploy limit would display the message “Over the siege limit”.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a Resource Keep’s map icon after it has been attacked would show “Show Keep Information” multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where keep icons were displaying on maps outside of Cyrodiil after being attacked.
- Fixed an issue where the battering ram health bar would persist over the top of other UI, blocking your visibility.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Backspace to delete the first letter of a /whisper message deleted the whole message.
- Fixed an issue where some methods of entering accented/extended characters were not working on a Mac, including pasting from other programs and using ALT + LETTER.
- You will now be able to successfully drag items, which are actually in your bank, while in the Crafting UI.
- After you have added ingredients, the E key will now say “Remove”.
- Fixed an issue where group unit frames obscured the XP bar.
- Fixed an issue where player unit frames in the large group UI were spaced too far apart.
- Active Combat Text now prompts you to use the Command key to Interrupt, which is mapped as an alternate keybinding by default on the Mac client.
- The map for Edrald Manor in Rivenspire now includes the area before the portal.
- The wayshrines in Reapers March no longer show older maps.