The Elder Scrolls Online v1.4.4 is an incremental patch that addresses several issues mainly with gameplay, itemization, UI, and the Alliance War. We have fixed a number of issues that were impacting Nightblades and stealth – with other issues scheduled to be hotfixed later this week – and have also made some tweaks for restoring stamina and magicka while in combat.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash while in combat in Cyrodiil.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Cyrodiil from properly saving the status of keeps in some instances in the event of a crash.
- Fixed an issue where keep postern doors were not usable.
Combat & Gameplay
- Fully-charged heavy attacks from the following weapons will now restore stamina based on your level:
- One-handed weapons
- Two-handed weapons
- Dual wield
- Fully-charged heavy attacks from the following weapons will now restore magicka based on your level:
- Destruction staff
- Restoration staff
- Removed the head bobbing effect in first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs and items could be targeted through walls if they were resting against the wall.
- Concealed Weapon (Veiled Strike morph): Your stealthed movement speed bonus is no longer removed if another player character casts Shadow Cloak while stealthed.
- Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where this ability was removed when an enemy’s projectile missed you.
- Medium Armor
- Windwalker: This ability now reduces stamina costs by 14/21% at Rank I and Rank II.
- Restoration Staff
- Fixed an issue where you could get kicked into third-person view while sprinting in first-person view with a Restoration Staff unsheathed.
- The Restoration staff passive Cycle of Life now increases magicka restore instead of increasing damage.
- Mages Guild
- Magelight: This ability will now reveal enemies to the caster instead of removing stealth or invisibility from the enemy.
Exploration & Itemization
- Fixed an issue where some desks, backpacks, trunks, cabinets, and other interactable objects in Wayrest and Stormhaven that were not dropping any loot.
- Fixed an issue where Elite Gear Vendors in Cyrodiil were selling VR 13 gear instead of VR 14 gear.
- Night’s Silence: Fixed an issue where this item set’s 5 piece bonus wasn’t increasing your movement speed while crouched.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Fungal Grotto
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when jumping to another group member to enter and exit Fungal Grotto.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the group leader jumped to a group member in a dungeon.
- Keeper of Bones: You will no longer get stuck trying to enter the door in the Bone Orchard.
- You can no longer kill Dreughsiders in this area.
- Re-enabled the following controls within conversations:
- E to select the first option
- X to say goodbye
- Fixed an issue where group member pins would stop updating.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum add-on name length was mistakenly reduced, cutting off the names of some add-ons in-game.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum add-on path length was mistakenly reduced, causing some add-ons to fail to load.