This time the Ask Us Anything focused mainly on the Imperial Edition of Elder Scrolls Online. Zenimax answered a lot of specific questions about the pre-order bonuses and early access period.
There has been a lot of confusion with the early access period. The ask us Anything article cleared up a lot of the confusion, and it seems that we’ll be able to enjoy most of the pre-order perks during the early access period. Until now, the general public was under the impression that you would not be able to play as an Imperial before the official launch, 4th April. Turns out you can play as an Imperial during the early access period, too.
The Ritual of Mara was also explained, and it was revealed that items converted to Imperial Racial Style will be bound-on-account.
Here’s a full summary of the Ask Us Anything answers.
Early Access Period & Imperial Edition
Those who pre-ordered or pre-purchased the game…
- Can play any race in any alliance during the early access period.
- Can play as an Imperial and craft Imperial gear.
- Can transform their gear to Imperial Style, regardless of their race.
- Those who pre-purchased the Imperial Edition can convert other racial style gear into Imperial style. Converted items are bound-on-account, and cannot be purchased or traded.
- Have access to the Imperial Horse.
- Get the Pledge of Mara (Rings of Mara).
Rings of Mara
- When you purchase the Imperial Edition, you receive an item called Pledge of Mara. You can then complete the ritual of Mara, and upon completion, both you and the friend you complete the ritual with will receive a ring of Mara with your partner’s character name carved on it. Both characters must agree to share this commitment.
- To begin the ritual, you and your friend approach a Shrine of Mara. While standing on sacred ground, the character with the pledge can target the character without and then use the pledge to evoke the Ritual of Mara.
- The Pledge of Mara can only be used once.
- Your friend does NOT need to have purchased the Imperial Edition in order to get the ring.
- When you and your friend adventure together and wear the rings of Mara, you receive a bonus in experience.
- The union is forever, and the names on the rings cannot be changed.
- You will be able to experience all content including all three alliance territories and different skill lines on a single character. After you’ve completed your own alliance’s zones, you can see the other territories.
- There’s 8 character slots total.
- Guild Leaders can NOT change the guild’s alliance affiliation.
- You receive only one vanity pet, but it can be placed in your account’s bank so all of your characters have access to it.
- You can choose not to have your pet follow you by not using the item to summon it.
- You can play with your friends as long as they are in the same alliance.
- In order to craft Imperial Style armor, you have to find the Imperial Racial Style book. If you are an Imperial, you can craft Imperial Style armor by default.