The First official DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, Imperial City, now has a release date. The DLC will be on PTS later on July, and the launch date for PC/Mac is August 31st, for Xbox One September 15th, and for PlayStation 4 on September 16th.
Imperial City DLC is included in active ESO Plus memberships. For others, the only way to purchase the DLC at this point is to buy it via the ESOTU Crown Store for 2,500 crowns.
The core of the DLC includes a new playable area at the heart of Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, which has now falled into the hands of Molag Bal’s minions. The Imperial City consists of six Districts, the vast Imperial Sewers network and the White-Gold Tower.
VR 16 Sets & New Currency: Tel Var Stones
Fighting Molag Bal’s personal guard, the elite Xivkyn & other Coldharbourian invades rewards players with a new currency called Tel Var Stones. Tel Var Stones are used to trade for the new Veteran Rank 16 armor sets.
The special part about Tel Var Stones is that if a player from opposing faction kills you, they can then claim the Tel Var Stones you carried.
This reinforces the PvP element already present within the DLC – the Imperial City is, after all, located right in the middle of a PvP zone. There are sanctuaries within the Imperial City, but you should be prepared to engage in PvP combat.
The Imperial City comes in two parts—the DLC game pack, and the base-game patch. Below is an explanation of each.
Imperial City Details
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
Imperial City DLC Game Pack Features & Content
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following:
- All content is available to players that are level 10 and up
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the Imperial City
- One new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
- Two new PvE Imperial City group dungeons with Normal and Veteran versions: White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison
- The Tel Var Stone system
- 23 completely new Veteran Rank 16 item sets, only available in Imperial City
- Treasure Vaults that contain new Veteran Rank 16 set jewelry and a chance for even rarer finds
- Xivkyn racial motif style
- New collectibles only available in Imperial City (pets, polymorphs, and a costume)
Imperial City Base-Game Patch
Along with the Imperial City DLC game pack launch, everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will receive the base-game patch at no cost. The base-game Imperial City patch includes hundreds of fixes and improvements to existing game systems and content including combat, classes and skill lines, the Alliance War, dungeons, and quests. Here are a few of the highlights:
- 15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
- 100% more XP for all public dungeons
- 50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
- 20% more XP in Craglorn
- Veteran Rank increased to 16
- Racial Passive improvements
- Mundus Stone buff improvements
- Glass racial motif style
- Improvements to existing item sets
- The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
- New crafting skill line passives
- New Undaunted pledges
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Improved end-of-campaign Alliance War rewards
- …and more!
Watch for the full Imperial City PTS patch notes later this month for full details!
During the coming weeks Zenimax is releasing more and more info on the DLC including guides, articles, official art, a contest and also in-game events.