The latest Elder Scrolls Online beta patch notes (v0.181) were leaked. I think a lot of players, including myself, will smile while reading through them. Many of the annoying bugs you have encountered in the beta have been fixed.
I’m sure you’ll find many other interesting bits in the patch notes below, but crafters will be pleased to know that the default bank space has been increased by 30 and starter inventory space by 10 as well.
The Elder Scrolls Online v0.181 features many fixes and improvements to existing content. Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this test:
- Streamlined and made modifications to the tutorial. It should now be faster to complete and have more interesting encounters.
- Many adjustments to overall gameplay and combat.
- Numerous fixes for quest issues and blockers.
- Several UI fixes and improvements.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Mender and Honor Guards at keeps and resources now cast Negate Magic as part of their abilities.
Art & Animations
- Updated and improved several character animations for the start of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the animation would stutter while riding your horse.
- Fixed an issue where the animation would stutter while in stealth.
- Fixed a rare issue where art would be missing in some areas.
- Polished many animations and effects in the Main Quest 6 boss battle.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in some quest scenes having incorrect or missing effects.
- More final orchestral music has been added to the game (this is an ongoing effort).
- Fixed a number of issues with audio from UI and monsters.
- The game audio balance has been improved (this is an ongoing effort).
Combat & Gameplay
- You can now skip the tutorial with new characters if any of your characters have completed it already. When you click “Create” on the character creation screen, you will be presented with a pop-up which will ask you if you wish to skip the tutorial or not.
- NOTE: Pre-existing characters before this patch do not qualify; you must complete the tutorial one more time before you are able to skip.
- We are aware of the issues brought up by some of you regarding magicka and stamina regeneration. We are continuing to look into this issue, and a number of fixes included in this patch may address this problem. Please keep us posted on whether this patch fixes, improves, or does not change anything for those of you experiencing it.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some players to become permanently invisible. This may still occur in very rare cases, so be sure to keep an eye out and /bug anything you come across.
- Health enchants are now 50% more effective than before.
- Health picks grant less health than before.
- Marginally reduced base magicka and stamina regeneration at higher levels. The change of base regeneration is exponentially less with lower level players.
- This change was included in the last patch, but was accidentally omitted from the notes.
- Reworked the re-spec cost to 100 gold per skill point. This results in a very similar cost as the old formula for the first 60 skill points, and a significant reduction in the cost beyond that.
- Reduced the veteran points gained from completing over world content; instanced dungeons and Cyrodiil are unaffected by this change.
- Fixed several issues with the vampire skill line that was causing it to progress much more slowly than intended.
- Fixed an issue where if you were cured of Lycanthropy after becoming a full werewolf, you would no longer be able to sprint, block, or bash.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing battle leveled characters from getting critical strikes.
- Made some modifications to the XP sharing system to fix an issue with power leveling.
- Fixed an issue when the reticle would flash red, confirming a hit, even though the target dodged the attack.
- You will no longer collide with other player’s pets or followers.
- You will no longer experience collision with NPCs while you are stationary and viewing a UI screen (such as your inventory).
- Reduced the size of the mudcrab’s collision area.
- Fixed an issue with Path of Darkness that could sometimes cause the damage to end earlier than intended.
- Bolt Escape now decreases out-of-combat magicka recovery for 4 seconds, instead of stopping all magicka recovery This change was include in the last patch, but was accidentally omitted from the notes.
- Fixed an issue where Restoring Spirit was adding a percentage to all costs, rather than subtracting it.
- This originally-intended change was included in the previous patch notes, but was not correctly implemented.
1h + Shield
- Properly removed the cast time from the Power Bash ability.
- This change was included in the previous patch notes, but was not implemented.
- Fixed an issue with Wall of Elements that could sometimes cause the damage to end earlier than intended.
- Decreased the cost of Wall of Elements.
- Increased the range of Destructive Reach.
- Increased the duration of the Twin Slashes damage-over-time, resulting in an increase of damage per cast.
- Increased the overall damage from Flurry, though the final hit damage remains unchanged.
Crafting and Economy
- Fixed an issue that was causing some jewelry enchantments to temporarily stop functioning after you were killed.
- Fixed an issue with the Bash Damage enchant that was causing it to have half the intended effect.
- Speed Run and Undaunted Achievements in Veteran Instances have had their VP rewards temporarily removed.
- Fixed several quest-blocking issues in Veteran Instances.
- Summoned Stone Atronach monsters in Tempest Island no longer grant Fighters Guild rep.
- Fixed several instances of missing icons for enemy abilities used in dungeons.
- Fixed an issue where the effects around Dark Anchors would only appear for players who were nearby when the anchors were triggered. You should now be able to see them from a greater distance.
- Iterated on Dark Fissures to make them soloable.
Exploration & Itemization
- Decreased the sell values of raw and refined materials.
- Updated the sell values of potions and trash items so they sell for at least 1 gold at low levels.
- Increased and standardized the sell value of weapons and armor. The old values were a bit inconsistent, so the amount of increase varies depending on the item.
- Decreased the cost to buy items from vendors. The old values were a bit inconsistent, so the amount of decrease varies depending on the item.
- Treasure chests in veteran zones will now have veteran-ranked items inside.
Inventory & Bank
- Increased the starting bank size by 30. We removed 3 potential bank upgrades, and increased the cost of the later bank upgrades to account for this.
- Increased the starting inventory size by 10. We removed 1 potential inventory upgrade, and increased the cost of the later inventory upgrades to account for this.
- Fixed an issue where copying one character out of a block of text would instead copy the entire block of text.
- Fixed an issue where copy/paste keyboard commands were causing the game to occasionally freeze.
- Fixed an issue where players with Iris Pro GPUs were seeing many copies of every NPC on-screen.
- Fixed an issue where only the first letter of a copied text block would paste when attempting to paste text into the chat window in-game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when using a crystal shard, jumping into water, using social jumps, or traveling via wayshrines.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when a quest portal teleported you to a location below the world.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if you had an effect on you while you had a food buff or held item.
- Fixed an issue where ship doors caused you to go to an incorrect location.
- Many voice-over mismatches and typos have been fixed.
- Known Issue: If you have not completed the quest Soul Shiven in Coldharbour, you will be moved back to the beginning of the quest.
- Fixed an issue in the Fighters Guild quest The Prismatic Core that prevented you from joining your group members in the instance.
- Adjusted the level on the Prismatic Sword that you receive from the Fighters Guild quest The Prismatic Core.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Mages Guild achievements from properly granting upon completion.
- Map compass pins were added for the Mages Guild quest The Mad God’s Bargain.
- Gutsripper is no longer quite as fearsome as his name, and his difficulty has been adjusted.
- Fixed an issue with the quest Glade of the Divine.
- Adjusted the difficulty for a skeleton in the tutorial so he can now be killed.
- Segments of the tutorial have been removed to improve pacing.
- Weapon racks were removed from the tutorial and replaced with a table full of swords.
- Fixed an issue in the tutorial where Cadwell’s song was no longer being played when you approached him.
- Fixed several issues with skeleton animations in the tutorial to stop pops and stutters.
- Interactable objects were added to iron maidens, wheelbarrows, buckets, and skull piles in the tutorial.
- Lyris Titanborn now respawns reliably when you log out on any step of the tutorial.
- The Harvester at the end of the tutorial was replaced with multiple skeletons, followed by a Bone Colossus.
- Molag Bal’s appearance at the end of the tutorial was re-worked with new effects and VO.
- Adjusted the difficulty for The Duchess of Anguish in Castle of the Worm.
- Fixed an issue where you were incorrectly allowed to keep the powers granted by the Amulet of Kings in God of Schemes.
- Adjusted the ritual scene in God of Schemes to prevent the lines from stomping all over each other.
- Fixed several issues that could break the battle in God of Schemes.
- Fixed an issue where Razum-dar did not go to the proper location once you spoke to him in the quest Storm on the Horizon.
- Compass pins were added for both the Bosun and Razum-dar for the quest Storm on the Horizon.
- Malareth’s compass pin has been updated to her new location.
- Holgunn has been moved to a more conspicuous location in Davon’s Watch.
- Niima now gives an appropriate response if you have not come from Bal Foyen.
- Fixed an issue to increase the reliability of refugees spawning in the quest Last Rest on Bleakrock.
- Fixed an issue to increase the reliability of Deathclaw spawning when there are many players in Bleakrock.
- Fixed an issue in Carzog’s Demise where the spirit would not follow you when it should, blocking the quest.
- Quartermaster Oblan should now appear, which will unblock the quest Cast Adrift.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Tormented Souls where Drusilla Nerva would not spawn.
- Fixed an issue with the quest Left at the Altar in Bergama where thugs would not turn hostile.
- Fixed an issue where Tancano was not spawning in the Phaer Catacombs.
- Fixed an issue in the objective Silsailen to make the quest more group friendly.
- Fixed a blocker in Vulkhel Guard where the marines in front of the door prevented you from entering the Manor.
- Fixed an issue in the quest The Unveiling where Malanie would not appear.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Harsh Lesson where you could not spar with the proctors.
- Fixed an issue where you would be unable to complete the quest Destroying the Dark Witnesses if you had already completed the quest Heart of Evil.
- Fixed an issue where logging out at a certain point prevented you from completing the quest Beyond the Call.
- Fixed an issue that caused a harvester boss battle to despawn prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where you could not complete the quest Victory at Morvunskar if you had already completed the quest The War Council.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Giant Problems where logging out on a certain step prevented you from completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from entering Ragnthar, blocking the Fighters Guild quest line.
- Fixed an issue at the Beldama Wyrd Tree in the quest Reclaiming the Elements which prevented you from talking to the Guardian of Air and completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Champion of the Guardians where you were unable to interact with Wyress Ashtah.
- Foulwing in the Shrieking Scar should now spawn correctly.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Rare Imports where you could not interact with the cooking fire to advance the quest.
- Fixed an issue in the quest Retaking the Pass where Indaenir would disappear if you wandered too far away from his scene, blocking the quest.
- The quest Pelidil’s End has been heavily reworked.
- Fixed an issue in Arenthia where you could destroy an earring that blocked the quest The Colovian Occupation.
- Fixed an issue where there was no interact prompt on the crates in the quest Down the Skeever Hole.
- Fixed an issue in Fort Grimwatch which caused Shazah to follow you indefinitely once the quest was abandoned.
- Adjusted the monster difficulty in the Cave of Memories so the boss is now more difficult than the mobs before him.
- Fixed an issue in Fort Virak where you could become stuck as a spirit outside of the Ruined Corridors.
- Fixed an issue in Fort Arand where Ahknara would fail to appear.
- Adjusted the level of the monsters in the Supernal Dreamers camp. Moved a ship door to its proper place in Koeglin Village.
- Fixed a blocker in Ivarstead where you could not turn in the quest if you left a certain conversation.
- Adjusted the difficulty of Kevinne Blightheart to be soloable.
- Fixed an issue with the compass settings in Northwind Mine so you are properly pointed toward the goal.
- Fixed an issue with the compass that would mislead you on the quest Drink, Drink, and be Merry.
- Veteran Rank water now displays as level 50 in the Alchemy UI.
- Fixed an issue where an error would appear when using Rings of Mara with another player.
- Fixed an issue where French and German words occasionally would not be properly capitalized at the beginning of the sentence.
- Fixed an issue with the Customer Support window not loading properly.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor would become active during lockpicking and prevent you from interacting with the tumblers.
- Polished some French and German sentences in the Alliance War overview window.
- Fixed an issue where Enchanting sounds were missing for Runes.
- Fixed an issue where sounds would not play while Provisioning.
- Fixed an issue where sound would occasionally stop playing while Enchanting.
- Fixed an issue where sounds would play when choosing dialogue options; you should now not hear a sound at all.
- Fixed an issue where /chatlog did not function. This is now saved to a file upon exiting the game. You can find this in \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Logs\ChatLog.log
- Added an option under the Game Menu in Social/Settings that lets you disable the default behavior of the cursor being brought up when hitting Enter or typing into chat.
- Fixed an issue where guilds would reorder upon login, causing you to have your slash commands for chat not map to the same guilds.
- Fixed an issue where turning off quest giver indicators would not persist after closing the client.
- Added back the “.” keybind to enable cursor mode.
- Several maps have been updated to include more detailed information.
- Improved the messaging on the Rings of Mara and how they work.
- Added a message when an item is deconstructed but no materials are obtained in the process.