Tempest Island is the fourth 4-man group dungeon for the Aldmeri Dominion in Elder Scrolls Online, and is located in northern Malabal Tor. The bosses in the dungeon are level 37, and the normal mode of the dungeon is tuned to players between level 35 and 36.
The other alliances can complete Tempest Island dungeon after first running through their own level 35-36 dungeons: Volenfell and Direfrost Keep.
This guide explains the boss fights of Tempest Island in detail, and provides strategies for defeating the bosses.
Tempest Island Overview
Tempest Island is a unique dungeon with its own quest line, which also gives a skill point for completion.
Tempest Island has a lightning theme to it: many of the bosses have shock/lightning attacks. The dungeon is filled with bandits and lamia.
Recommended Group setup
The last few boss encounters in Tempest Island pretty much require a dedicated healer. At the very least it will make your life a lot easier. Many of the bosses have heavy melee attacks, so having a tank block these is also a plus.
- Sonolia the Matriach (miniboss)
- Valaran Stormcaller
- Yalorasse the Speaker (miniboss)
- Commodore Ohmamil (miniboss)
- Stormreeve Neidir
Sonolia the Matriarch
Sonolia the Matriarch is the first miniboss in Tempest Island. She pulls with a couple of adds who need to be taken down first. That’s where the little difficulty this fight has comes from.
Apart from that, Sonolia shouldn’t be a problem for any group.
- Sonolia has a frontal cone sound attack. The tank should keep Sonlia facing her, so no one else gets hit by it.
Valaran Stormcaller is the second boss in Tempest Island. Valaran can be annoying from a tank’s perspective because there’s no real response to taunts.
- A lightning storm moves randomly around the room, dealing damage to anyone in its path. The storm doesn’t seem to follow anyone. Just try to stay out of its way.
- Valaran uses a lightning form which increases his defenses but also deals low shock damage to anyone near him. The damage is so low that you can pretty much ignore it, but if you don’t have any form of heals in melee range, you’ll definitely feel the damage sooner or later.
- Valaran periodically stuns a random player with a shock spell for 3-4 seconds.
- Valaran has a heavy melee attack which needs to be blocked.
Yalorasse the Speaker
Yalorasse the Speaker is the third boss in Tempest Island. She is a miniboss, and shouldn’t be that difficult.
Yalorasse is surrounded by a bunch of adds who should be cleared asap.
- Yalorasse casts a whirlwind attack around her which deals physical damage. You should be able to get out of it in time as melee.
- Yalorasse has a heavy melee attack which needs to be blocked by the tank.
- The boss summons a patch of lightning at the tank’s location. Just move out of it.
Stormfist is the fourth boss in Tempest Island. He’s a giant Storm Atronach, and is one of the more difficult bosses in the dungeon.
- The main thing to look out for is Stormfist’s AOE attack. He casts a red circle beneath him which rapidly increases in size. Getting caught in it deals a lot of damage and throws players in the air. It can be difficult to get out of it in time.
- Stormfist also smashes his fist on the ground, dealing AOE damage in a small radius in front of him. This attack should be easy to avoid, and is mostly something the tank needs to look out for.
- Stormfirst periodically summons three storm atronach adds with 1k Health. These should be taken down asap.
- Stormfist enrages when he hits roughly 15% Health, and starts pulsating lightning to everyone in the room, dealing tons of Shock damage. This seems to be unavoidable, and you just need to kill him quickly at this point.
Commodore Ohmamil is the fifth boss in Tempest Island. He is a miniboss and is the easiest encounter in the dungeon.
The only thing making this fight hard at all are the adds around him. There’s lots of them, and they deal a lot more damage than the boss does. Needless to say, kill them first.
- The tank needs to block Ohmamil’s heavy melee attack.
- Commodore Ohmamil periodically channels a stun cast on the tank. The cast doesn’t do any damage and it keeps the boss busy, so there’s no point to break free from it. Just let him do his thing.
Stormreeve Neidir is the sixth and final boss in Tempest Island. Neidir is a lightning mage and can be difficult to tank, because she likes to shoot lightning at random targets.
- The deadliest ability Stormreeve Neidir has is her AOE Shock attack beneath her. The red circle expands very rapidly, and it’s extremely difficult to get out of it if you’re in melee range. The ability deals tons of damage and knocks you down.
- Neidir randomly casts lightning at distant players.
- Neidir also has a charge / blink ability she uses to charge at a random player, dealing moderate damage in the process. The charge on its own isn’t a big deal, but if she casts her AOE attack after, you’ll need to readjust quickly.
- Small tornadoes fly around the room. Getting hit by them hurts and you’ll also be briefly stunned. Just try to avoid them as much as you can.