Selene’s Web is the fifth 4-man group dungeon for the Aldmeri Dominion in Elder Scrolls Online, and is located in the southwestern corner of Reaper’s March. Selene’s Web normal mode is tuned to players of level 41-43, and the bosses in the dungeon are level 43.
Ebonheart Pact and Daggerfall Covenant players gain access to Selene’s Web by completing the group dungeons in their own zones: Blessed Crucible and Blackheart Haven.
This guide explains the boss fights of normal mode Selene’s Web in detail, and provides strategies for defeating the bosses.
Selene’s Web Overview
Selene’s Web is a massive cave full of spiders and beasts. There’s quite a bit of poison damage in the dungeon; werewolves beware.
Completing the dungeon quest rewards a skill point.
Recommended Group setup
Can’t go wrong with the standard tank, healer and two dps, although there’s not a lot of attacks to block in this dungeon.
- Treethane Kerninn (miniboss)
- Queen Aklayah (miniboss)
- Mennir Many-Legs (miniboss)
Treethane Kerninn is the first miniboss in Selene’s Web. He’s a Bosmer equipped with a two-handed weapon, and has a couple of bandits with him. He’s not much of a threat as long as you take care of his adds quickly.
- Treethane Kerninn lifts his weapon in the air to pull every player to him and then summon a flock of ravens around him. The area is marked with a big red circle beneath him. The ravens deal a moderate amount of damage, and you should have plenty of time to get out of their way.
- Treethane Kerninn also does an AOE whirlwind around him. He doesn’t move when he does this, so there’s no excuse to get hit by it.
Longclaw is the second boss in Selene’s Web. He’s standing on a platform in the trees above the ground. To activate him, you need to kill the named tigers infront of the tree. They don’t do anything special, just AOE them down. Once the tigers are dead, Longclaw jumps down.
The efficient way to defeat Longclaw is to simply focus fire him down. The fight will take a long, long time if you kill his tiger spirits and will quickly turn into an uphill battle.
- Longclaw summons Senche tiger spirits which have around 7k Health. They hit hard and shouldn’t be left running around on their own. You should try to control them with roots or other AOE crowd control abilities instead. Killing them doesn’t do you any good, because Longclaw will just summon new tigers to replace the dead ones.
- Longclaw fires a volley of arrows at a player’s location, marked with a red circle. Get out of it.
- Longclaw also drops poison clouds below him, which deal a lot of damage and are awkward for melee players.
Queen Aklayah is the third miniboss in Selene’s Web. Aklayah is a giant Hoarvor who spawns small hoarvor adds. That’s about it, really. This is probably the easiest boss fight in the dungeon. Aklayah has very little Health. The fight is going to be over very quickly.
- Queen Aklayah casts a red circle on a player, usually the tank, which follows them around. Staying away from the player is a good idea. The tank shouldn’t try running away from the circle – you can’t do it.
- Aklayah also has a random cone attack. It really is not a big deal, but avoid it if you can.
Foulhide is the fourth boss in Selene’s Web. He’s a giant black bear. Like Queen Aklayah, this encounter is easy.
- Foulhide stomps the ground and knocks everyone infront of him down for a short period. The stomp also summons a set of Selene’s Roses. They are stranglers scattered around the room. Perhaps the enounter is bugged, but I couldn’t see them do anything special at all. If you leave them alone, they’ll leave you alone as well. We were able to just ignore them altogether.
- Foulhide sometimes charges at what seems to be random targets. The charge line is marked with a red path. It’s worth noting that Foulhide’s charge actually kills Selene’s Roses (the stranglers) as well.
- Foulhide also has an AOE fear shout which he sometimes uses. You can break free from it by using Stamina.
Mennir Many-Legs is the fifth miniboss in Selene’s Web. She’s a spider-summoning mage, who shouldn’t be much of an issue for any group. Kill the summoned spiders and you’ll be fine.
- Mennir Many-Legs has a high-damage shock AOE. Avoid it.
- Mennir also periodically summons spiders. They don’t have much health and you can easily AOE them down.
Selene is the sixth and last boss in Selene’s Web. This is a fight with two phases. She starts out as a giant spider. Whilst in spider form, she barely does anything. Once the spider is down to 50%, she breaks the floor and drops down, taking players with her.
After the spider is dead, she turns into a two-handed mace wielding humanoid. In her humanoid form she uses many abilities the previous bosses have used earlier in the dungeon.
- Selene has the exact same ability Treethane Kerninn has: she lifts her weapon in the air to pull every player to her, web them and then summon a flock of ravens around her. The area is marked with a big red circle. The ravens deal a moderate amount of damage. You can get out of the web with Stamina.
- Every time Selene does the raven AOE attack, she also spawns humanoid mobs. Some of these are healers. You should kill the adds ASAP, because they can be a huge threat.
- Selene has a heavy melee attack with which she summons a bear spirit (Foulhide?) and knocks down players around her. You can and should block it to avoid the knock down. The attack doesn’t do much damage, though.
- Selene also does a high-damage ranged attack aimed at distant targets. An untargetable tiger spirit will jump at a player and deal lots of damage. With all the adds around, this attack can be lethal.