Weekly Tamriel Journal ESO News Round-up
In the Round-up: • Big Addon Restrictions • ESO Subscription Plans Announced • Tamriel Journal Skyshard Map • Reddit AMA Summary • Fishing Made Useful? • Latest PTS Patch Notes •
Zenimax has finally shown in a concrete way what they want the community to be able to do with addons and what not. There’s a list of all the technical changes on reddit.
Here’s the main changes:
- The detail of damage dealt to you is restricted. You have access to the information to see how much damage was dealt to you, but no information on who dealt the damage with what abilities.
- All combat details of other players are completely restricted, which means the chance to have group-wide damage meters is pretty much gone.
- All short-term buff and debuff information is restricted. This means you can’t view the duration of ability buffs, either placed by you or other players.
- Health, Magicka and Stamina information for both friendlies and enemies is restricted.
- Cast-bars are completely gone, both from you and the enemies.
|USD||$14.99||$13.99 / 30 days||$12.99 / 30 days|
|Euro||12.99€||€11.99 / 30 days||€10.99 / 30 days|
|GBP||8.99£||£7.99 / 30 days||£6.99 / 30 days|
No mention of a lifetime subscription.
We’d like to present our interactive skyshard map which lets you view the maps of all zones, their skyshards and the skyshard achievements hints all in a single page.
The major benefit of our map is the ability to connect each skyshard to its relevant skyshard achievement hint, making it much easier to quickly see which skyshards you are missing. There’s also no need to navigate between multiple pages on our website – it’s all on a single page.
Some interesting bits:
- FOV Slider will not be in for launch.
- 300+ obtainable Skill Points at launch confirmed.
- Guild Tabards / Insignias most likely added in a future content update.
- No plans to add option speech bubbles in game.
A screenshot taken from ESOHead suggests that fish may be an ingredient for Provisioning recipes in the future. Until now fishing has been nearly useless, mainly offering vendor trash.
There’s a lot of bug fixes and changes in the PTS patch notes, but possibly the most important of them is the nerf to Khajiit racial skill Carnage: Removed the critical damage bonus from the Khajiit passive Carnage, and doubled its critical strike chance bonus.
This nerf may affect the choice of race for many players.
Tamriel Journal Updates of the Week
- Crafted Item Sets in ESO – evertyhing you need to know about the crafting set items, including crafting station locations, set bonuses and trait requirements.
- Why Potions are Extremely Powerful in ESO – an article which explains why Alchemy might be one of the most important professions in Elder Scrolls Online.
- Skyshard Map – an interactive skyshard map, which makes finding the missing skyshards super easy.
- Our Forums have been pimped out to match the look of the rest of the site. Join us!
ESO By the Numbers Survey (tamrielfoundry.com)
Creating ESO: Crafting Facts (elderscrollsonline.com)
Final Developer Question of the week #63 (elderscrollsonline.com)
ESO Concept Art Gallery (theguardian.com)
— Elder Scrolls Online (@TESOnline) March 20, 2014
@TamrielJournal We spotlighted you guys In ep9 of ToT due out tomorrow! Thanks for being an awesome part of the TESO community!
— Tales of Tamriel (@TalesofTamriel) March 23, 2014